Monday, November 5, 2012

A Huge Thanks!

First of all I want to say a huge thank you to you, dear readers, who have stuck with Wanderlust through all of my adventures and periodic poor recounting of the tales thereof. As of today Wanderlust hit 5,000 page views which for many blogs is a few days or hours worth of traffic, but for me has exceeded my greatest expectations for this humble enterprise.

As you may have noticed if you track me on Facebook, Stint Two has officially come to a close. However, I have a handful of posts yet to publish including the last of the Netherlands, all of Belgium, Luxembourg, and a return to Paris and London. At some point, once I've been able to digest this grand adventure, I will post a cumulative recap entry discussing some of the things I've learned along the way, some of my favorite places and experiences, and a (hopefully) full tally of every item/article of clothing or gear that I lost, wore through, destroyed, or had stolen. I love fun stats like that.

Anyway, thank you again from the bottom of my heart for reading. It's been a long wild ride and I've got two months to recuperate and steady the ship before I depart again, this time for the far east. Yes, Wanderlust will be returning for Stint 3 into Eastern Asia for somewhere around 5-7 more months of insanity. I can't tell you exactly how long because I booked a one way ticket; if nothing else it should add to the suspense. This time around, however, I'll be bringing along a companion- a dear and long time friend who I hope will be the Sancho Panza to my Don Quixote for what can only be another wayward and frantic adventure. 

I implore you: retain your commendable courage and keep reading. I hope the best is yet to come. 

Always yours,
- Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment