Friday, March 23, 2012

Suturing a Wound O_O

So... in preparation for the backpacking portion, one of the things I wanted to make sure I knew was how treat and/or suture an open wound. Thankfully the US Army provides this awesome old school video. The techniques are more or less what would be used today, except that I would obviously be using just a standard needle and thread and some clean water. Caution: it's a dummy but still not for the squeamish.

ETA: Oh my! This video is really annoying when you can't get the autoplay to stop running! So, I'm replacing the embedded video with the following link: BAM!

The first thing I noticed about this video is the badass intro music. Is that Whitesnake? The US Army was pretty awesome in 1991. So anyway, let's hope I don't need to use this information. I imagine that hurts quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment